Thursday, October 2, 2008

Welcome To My Blog

Hi. My name is Ethan. Over the summer I read a book called Jude by Kate Morganroth. The book was about a fifteen-year-old boy named Jude who witnesses the killing of his drug-dealer father and then is sent to live with his mother who is running for public office. She sends him to an exclusive prep school. When one of his schoolmates dies of an overdose, Jude is accused of being the provider of the drugs. Although he is innocent he is tried as an adult and gets sent to a state penitentiary for five years.

Reading this book highlighted several social issues including teenage drug abuse, the effect of parental drug abuse on their children, teenage violence and the effect of incarcerating juveniles as adults. To study this further I researched several databases and relevant articles. On my blog, you can find my letter to Jude, my author biography, my book review, my issue statement, and my investigative report with a works cited list.

If you are interested in the book Jude or learning more about these social issues, please visit my web site and view my project.

1 comment:

Mrs. Zurkowski said...

Blog Final Creative Grade:

Wow, Ethan, awesome final blog site on your novel and issue. Your Wild Card is so engaging. Teens will find your project interesting too.

100/100 A